The Alliance for Science is a global communications and training initiative dedicated to ensuring access to agricultural innovation, especially in developing nations, as a means for improving lives and livelihoods. Our grassroots training includes a 12-week Global Leadership Fellows Program and various short courses. Since COVID-19, most of our trainings are offered virtually. Our trainings have several goals:
• Amplifying the voices of small-holder farmers and public sector scientists;
• Improving scientific literacy and science communication skills;
• Supporting non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and others who share common values around poverty reduction, food security, and sustainable agriculture;
• Advancing an enabling regulatory environment; and
• Reclaiming the conversation around agricultural biotechnology so that science- and evidence-based perspectives drive decision-making.